The issues flat earthers have with the heliocentric model are:
- You cannot see the curve of the earth (sideways)
- You cannot prove the curve of the earth over the horizon (sinking ships)
- You cannot prove gravity
- Nobody has ever been across the south pole
- You cannot feel the motion of movement on the earth, and we cannot prove we are speeding across the galaxy at impossible speeds
- The distance to the celestial objects have never been measured.
All examples provided are based on these 5 concepts.
The examples used to show the flatness of earth
- If you turn 360o on the surface of the earth, the horizon is always level and flat.
- Aircraft do not have to dip to fly, so there is no curve
- People do not fall of the earth in southern hemisphere
- People have seen things over the horizon, or tested with lasers
- Clouds are seen behind the sun
- Pictures from outside the earth are always composites of several 'flat' pictures
- Pictures from weather balloons and aircraft do no show a curve.
- Water is always level, so how can it curve
- Aircraft, birds can fly, but the oceans are pulled to the earth.
- Super zoom camera's show a whole boat.
The examples to show the distance to the moon/sun
- Crepuscular sun rays prove the sun is close
- The sun gets smaller when setting
- The sun is exactly as big as the moon
To disprove a spinning globe, or moving globe
- Aircraft take the same time to traverse the from east to west as west to east
- If you throw a ball up, it will come down on the same spot
- The same star patterns have been visible for centuries
- We do not feel the earth moving
And what do they use to provide explanations:
- Sun and moon movements are just perspective
- Seasons are formed because of the distance to the sun
- Gravity is explained through buoyancy and density